Oakness

oak'ness n. the shadow of the oak tree at its fullest, inviting stragglers to sit and relax under its shade

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Friday, September 08, 2006

Stranger Things Have Happened...

It's only been two months since we've come back from the snow, but it feels like forever. Everytime I walk into the spare room, for whatever purpose, and catch a glimpse of my board I long to be there again. Maybe it's just the little things... things like, looking down from the top of the slope not knowing what moguls you'll hit; having cold, cold fingers because the gloves you bought weren't worth the money you paid for them; stacking and tumbling for ages down a mountain and knowing that you won't have to walk back up to retrieve your left ski; freezing your butt off while waiting for the last run of the day, knowing that when you're the last ones on the slope it'll be sweet... maybe it's more than just the little things, like spending time with people you love being with but don't see often. Maybe.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I've decided that I do not go well together with a certain person called Change. I try to resist it for as long as possible, and I struggle and use up all my energy, and by the time I give in to the idea that Change is imminent and start to settle down, Change rears his ugly head. Just leave me alone already! Sheesh!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

..Noice!...but maybe change will lead to something even better eh?...HoooAHHH!!

6:20 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

that's an awesome photo. Change doesn't always haev to be an enemy...it can eventually be a great friend :o)

5:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home